Compassionate. Skilled. Trustworthy: Meet Your GVS Breast Surgery Specialist
The prospect of breast surgery can elicit a range of emotions for many women. At General and Vascular Surgery (GVS), we not only understand and empathize with the women we work with, we strive to ensure a compassionate, comfortable, and patient-centered atmosphere and standard of care. GVS has helped countless women find a skilled breast surgery specialist with whom they trust and feel safe.
Learn more about why GVS is the local choice for breast problem specialists and surgeons.
GVS Breast Surgery Specialists (Step-by-Step)
Whether you have been referred to a breast disease specialist for a lumpectomy, quadrantectomy, mastectomy, or other breast surgery, we try to make our breast surgery process as clear and understandable as possible. This means offering the women we collaborate with a transparent view of our process.
While breast surgeries vary depending on the type of surgery, cancer, and specific breast condition, the main goals of your breast surgeon include to:
- Ensure you have the highest level of comfort both physically and emotionally.
- Listen carefully and attentively to any questions or concerns you may have.
- Keep you informed of every component of your breast care plan (including every step of any procedure(s) involved).
- Remove as much of the diseased breast as possible (either through breast-conserving surgery or mastectomy).
- Evaluate whether cancer has migrated to the lymph nodes.
- Restore the breast to a natural shape once the disease area has been removed (breast reconstruction).
- Guide you through your recovery, helping provide support and educational resources to maximize your healing experience.
Meet Dr. Rotkis
Our breast surgery specialist, Dr. Michael Rotkis, is known and appreciated for his compassionate demeanor and innovative surgical approaches. Treating the “whole woman” has, and continues to be a priority for Dr. Rotkis, whose nipple and skin-sparing mastectomies, and incisional techniques have enabled many women to preserve the natural beauty and best possible physical outcomes for breast cancer.
If you have been searching for a breast care specialist near me, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Rotkis now. Or, call us now for questions at 574-236-1888—it’s time!